There’s still time to join us at tonight’s CFA Society of Boston and PRI event on the growing interest in considering of the “S” factor of ESG – effective integration of social issues into investment decisions.
Our first panel will discuss how big issues – human rights risks, economic inequality, migrant crises – will affect investment decisions in the future. Our second panel will feature case studies from several practitioners who integrating social issues into their investment analysis and decision making.
Panel 1: Social Issues Megatrends – Economic and Financial Implications of Human Rights Risks, Europe’s Migrant Crisis and Economic Inequality & Populism
- Moderator: Bettina Reinboth, Manager, Social Issues, PRI
- Ken McPhail, Professor of Accounting and Vice Dean for Social Responsibility, University of Manchester
- J.Jason Mitchell, Sustainability Strategist and Portfolio Manager, Man Group
- David Wood, Director of the Initiative for Responsible Investment, Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government
Panel 2: Case Studies on Integrating Social Issues
- Moderator: Justin Sloggett, Senior Manager, Investment Practices, PRI
- Lauren Compere, Managing Director and the Director of Shareowner Engagement, Boston Common Asset Management
- Jeremy Cote, CFA, Equity Research Analyst, Trillium Asset Management
- Robert M. Wilson, Jr., Research Analyst, MFS Investment Management
This CFA Society of Boston and PRI session will take place tonight, May 16th, from 5:30 to 7:30 pm and is hosted at MFS Investment Management. Registration is available at the CFA Society of Boston web site.