- This event has passed.
BSAS Lunch: Global Listed Infrastructure – In a Class of its Own
November 29, 2012 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Boston Security Analysts Society lunch program on investing in global listed infrastructure as an asset class features Edward P. Keating, Senior Vice President, Lazard Asset Management LLC.
Asset allocation in today’s environment has become increasingly difficult in part due to three key issues:
- uncertainty, and market volatility
- threat of inflation
- lack of sustainable yield
Global Listed Infrastructure is increasingly playing a role for investors as they try to tackle these issues. Characterized by stable revenues and profits, robust inflation protection and sustainable dividends, certain Global Listed Infrastructure investments are highly attractive investments for these uncertain times. Furthermore, a portfolio of such investments have shown compelling low correlation benefits to other major asset classes.
An interactive Q&A session will follow the presentation that will review topics including:
- What is infrastructure, and why investors must be selective in their definition of the asset class?
- Why invest in infrastructure, and what are the key risks associated?
- Why are revenues/profitability so stable?
- How does inflation protection work for Infrastructure assets, and how does it differ from other real assets?
- How are investors allocating to Infrastructure?
- How do investors access Infrastructure?>
- Common mistakes made when allocating to Infrastructure