- This event has passed.
NECEC: Update and Outlook on Tax & Financing Landscape for Clean Energy
January 31, 2013 @ 8:30 am
The New England Clean Energy Council’s Policy Series continues with “Update and Outlook on Tax & Financing Landscape for Clean Energy” on Thursday morning, January 31st, 2012 from 8:30 am to 10:30 am.
The panel’s topics include:
- The outlook for tax reform in 2013, and how it could affect the clean energy industry
- A close look at public-private financing mechanisms
- A discussion of the American Tax Relief Act of 2012 (a.k.a. “fiscal cliff tax deal”), and how it affects clean energy companies
- The status of clean energy tax provisions, such as the Energy Production Tax Credit (Section 48) and the Renewable Electricity Production Tax Credit (Section 45)
- How Master Limited Partnerships (MLPs) and Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) could inject low-cost capital into the clean energy industry
- Dustin Stamper, Director, Washington National Tax Office, Grant Thornton
- Jordan Collins, Director of Government Relations, ML Strategies
- Craig Diamond, Executive Director, Connecticut Clean Energy Finance Center>
The panel will be moderated by Janet Gail Besser, Vice President, Policy & Government Affairs, New England Clean Energy Council.
The panel will be held at Grant Thornton’s office at 226 Causeway Street (6th floor), Boston. Registration is free for NECEC members and sponsors, $40 for others.