- This event has passed.
Sustainable Investing 101 in Boston
October 19, 2011 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Three of the pioneers and leaders in the field of Socially Responsible Investing are presenting “Green your Green: An introduction to investing responsibly”, an open session at the Boston Public Library on October 19th. Aimed at individuals wanting an introduction to this important investment topic, this session will feature Amy Domini, Timothy Smith and Robert Zevin speaking about the basic tenets of sustainable investing:
- How to invest in line with your values without giving up performance
- How your investments can lead to improvements in corporate behavior
Not a sales presentation, this session is a seminar and discussion among three professionals who have helped shape the field of responsible investing over the last 30 – 40 years:
- Amy Domini, Chief Executive Officer and Founder at Domini Social Investments LLC and the creator of the one of the first sustainable mutual fund companies as well as the first SRI stock index
- Robert Zevin, Chairman, Chief Investment Officer, & Portfolio Manager, Zevin Asset Management, ears ago and led the campaign for South African divestment in the 1980’s
- Timothy Smith, Senior Vice President and Director of ESG Shareowner Engagement, Walden Asset Management, a leading voice in Shareholder Activism and former Executive Director of the Interfaith Centre on Corporate Responsibility.
This session is presented by BASIC, the Boston Area Sustainable Investment Consortium, a network of Boston-area sustainable investment professionals.
While the subject matter is targeted at individuals new to sustainable investing and may be very familiar to sustainable investing professionals, this is also a rare opportunity to enjoy hearing these pioneers together in a local and open setting.