- This event has passed.
Impact Investing Panel
April 3, 2013 @ 12:15 pm - 2:00 pm
Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate measurable social and environmental impact while also earning a financial return.
In 2012, $8 billion of committed impact investments were reported by nearly 100 firms responding to the third annual JP Morgan Survey of impact investors.
What does impact investing mean for institutional and high net worth investors? For investment managers and advisors? For organizations on the receiving end of impact investments?
Please join these outstanding leaders over lunch for a Boston Security Analysts Society Impact Investing panel on April 3rd in Boston:
- Luther Ragin – Chief Executive Officer, Global Impact Investing Network
- Matt Patsky – Chief Executive Officer, Trillium Asset Management
- Kyle Johnson – Consultant, Cambridge Associates
- Dan Fireside – Capital Coordinator, Equal Exchange
Panelists will explain key features of impact investments, discuss impact investing from those different perspectives, and address questions of importance to the broader investment community:
- How does Impact Investing differ from Socially Responsible Investing (SRI), Environmental/Social/Governance (ESG) investing and other forms of “sustainable” investing?
- Who is making impact investments and where are the investments being made?
- How are the impacts and the payoffs measured?
- What is impact investing’s role in an overall investment strategy?
- Can impact investing be implemented in all asset classes? How does it fit into thinking about asset allocation?
- How do you balance the traditional view of an investment with the perspective needed to achieve “impact”?
The BSAS Impact Investing panel will take place from 12:15 pm – 2:00 pm on Wednesday, April 3rd at the Hyatt Regency BostonBoston Security Analysts Society web site at www.bsas.org or use this direct link to register.